Canon printers are used in most printing works, and printing a booklet is one of them. Canon all-in-one printers come with a feature called booklet printing function. You can use Reader and Acrobat X or Acrobat and Reader 9 to print a booklet using a Canon printer. Though booklet printing is easy, it may cause some issues as well.
First, we’ll show you how you can print a booklet with a Canon printer;
How to print a booklet?
Print one side of the sheet to create a booklet, then fold it half. When you staple the sheet, it’ll be a booklet.
- Open the file that you want to print as a booklet.
- Select print to open the printer driver setup window.
- In the Page Setup Tab, look for the Page Layout list.
- Then, click on Booklet.
- On the left side of the window, you’ll quickly see the current settings for your booklet.
- In the Printer Paper Size list, choose the paper size to print.
- Now, move to Specify option and set the margin, blank page and Page Border in the dialog box.
- Click OK and execute booklet printing.
Also read : How to download and install Brother HL2270DW Driver
Fix Issues while creating the booklet
Creating a booklet or printing it can sometimes experience issues that you can troubleshoot using a few settings. For example, when you print a booklet using a Canon printer, make sure the paper is set correctly after the one-side printing.
Enable Duplex Unit –
If you are using a duplex unit or it’s an option, then you’ve to enable this option in the printer driver;
- Go to Settings on your device or Windows.
- Open Devices and click Printers & scanners.
- Choose your device to configure.
- Click Manage > Manage your device > Printer properties.
- Print settings screen appears and opens Device Settings.
- Close to Device Information, select the “Retrieve Device Status Information” option to enable the duplex unit.
Set up Basic Booklet Printing -
If your device hasn’t the duplex option, then skip the above procedure and directly apply the below steps;
- Open the application and click on the print menu.
- Then, click on your current device.
- According to your application, a prompt may appear, for example, Properties.
- In the print settings screen, open Finishing or Basic Settings.
- In the Print Style, select Booklet Printing.
- Click on the Booklet option, and detailed Settings for Booklet dialog box appears.
- Here, click Book Opening and choose the binding option.
- Click on Specify Booklet Gutter, then select the gutter width > OK.
Contact the Canon printer tech support team if the basic settings don’t help you print the booklet correctly.
Read more : How to download and install Brother Printer HL2270DW Driver